Established in 1986, Geojit is a well-known brokerage house in India. It is one of the top 20 best stock brokers in India The stockbroker is supported by a powerful banking brand BNP Paribas. They have a good presence in Kochi, Kerala, and have a strong presence in the Gulf.
The company provides various services to its users, such as a 3-in-1 account, certified financial advice, customized online trading platforms, educational training, stock market tips, recommendations, etc.
Geojit is listed on NSE and BSE for trading. The company is also registered as depository participants with NSDL and CDSL. Consequently, the company offers a full range of services, including Equities, Derivatives, Mutual Funds, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, etc.
Most importantly, the most significant advantage that Geojit Financial Ltd. provides is that if you are a Non-Resident Indian and reside in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, or Oman, you can become an NRI client of Geojit BNP Paribas. Therefore, their trading platforms are available for both residents as well as NRIs.
Meanwhile, the users also receive the call and trade facility through the company’s call center. To clarify more, go through the article to get a complete guide on Geojit Financial Services Ltd. Review.
Major achievements by Geojit Financial Services Ltd.
- In 2012, BNP Paribas Personal Investors (Germany) was praised with the the-tv award for Best Direct Bank 2012– Mobile Banking.
- In 2011, BNP Paribas got Innovation Award for FLIP-Me
- In 2010, the company had Launched FLIP-Me – The first mobile stock trading application of India.
- Above all, the GFTL has Launched India’s first stock trading application through Facebook.
Geojit Financial Services:
The users can take benefit of all related financial services. In other words, the services offered are as follows:
- Mutual Funds,
- Stock Broking,
- Investment Management,
- Portfolio Management,
- Currency Futures,
- Equities and Derivatives trading,
- Margin Trading,
- Financial forecast,
- Geojit NRI Trading,
- Wealth Management, and
- Advisory Services
Geojit Account Opening Charge
It doesn’t charge any trading account opening and annual maintenance charges, i.e., they open the account without any fees. Similarly, they also don’t charge any Demat account opening charges. However, the company charges Demat AMC yearly. This is the annual charges deducted from your account, even if you haven’t traded during the year.
|Account opening charges||Free|
|Annual maintenance charges (AMC)||Free|
|Account opening charges||Free|
|Annual maintenance charges (AMC)||Rs. 400 yearly|
Brokerage charges of Geojit
Brokerage rates applicable Ordinary Resident account for Online Retail Trading with Geojit Financial Services Ltd. are as follows:
|Cash Market (Equity)|
|Delivery-based Trading||0.30 %|
|Futures & Options|
|Equity Futures Trading||0.03%|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.75 per lot|
|Currency Futures Trading||0.03%|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.15 per lot|
Note: Minimum brokerage charges of Geojit Financial services as under:
- Rs.20 per trade or 0.01 paisa per share (whichever is higher). However, this brokerage is also subject to a maximum of 2.5% per share.
- In case the contract note is delivered by post, then Rs.20 per Contract or 5 paise per share (whichever is higher) subject to a maximum of 2.5% per share.
- Both subject to a maximum of Rs.0.25 per share/debenture or 2.5% of the contract price per share/debenture whichever is higher.
Geojit Financial services Margin calculator
The company doesn’t have its own margin calculator.
Geojit Financial Trading Software/Apps
Like other security companies, Geojit BNP Paribas also provides the web-based and mobile app-based trading software platforms. Here are the Geojit Financial Trading Software/Apps that allow customers to access real-time trading.
1. Geojit Selfie Gold:
Another best trading platform by Geojit Financial service is “Selfie Gold.” It is a browser-based platform that offers all the fundamental and technical analyzing reports on the platform.
In other words, you can explore the advance charts and 90 + Studies and indicators for the technical analysis of the stock on a daily basis. On the other hand, you can also see the latest fundamental news about the companies. Additionally, it includes the features as highlighted below:
- F&O Analytics and Visualization Engine,
- Incorporates Sectoral heat maps,
- Futures and options chains,
- Option Greeks charting,
- VWAP Screeners
2. Geojit Selfie Platinum:
Geojit’s Selfie platinum is a virtual dealer terminal. Users can download the trading platform on their computers or laptops and use them for trading purposes.
Above all, the platform is suitable for those actively involved in the trading. It looks after every minor aspect of the price movements.
- Customized screen layouts
- Online fund transfer facility
- Online investment of IPO’s and Mutual funds
- AMO placements
- Professional, Classic, Customized Market Watches
- Real-time updation
3. Geojit Selfie Mobile:
For anywhere, anytime convenient, the company also has a mobile-based trading app for the android as well as iPhone users. Firstly, the app is equipped with all the advanced trading features like one-click stock order execution, Dynamic real-time charts, market watchlist, live market updates, and many more. Secondly, you get all the customization options for trading and investing.
In short, an app is an ideal option for fast order executions.
- Customization of scrip view with Grid and List option
- Multiple market watches with real-time update
- Access to Trade Book/Order Book/Portfolio
- Pop-Ups on Order confirmation/ Order Execution/ Research Recommendations
- Option Chain, Option calculator, and F&O Margin calculator
- Mutual Fund recommendations as a single watch
Geojit Financial Services Ltd. Offers various communication channels, including Webform, Email support, Toll-Free number, direct phone support, Portal support, and offline branches. Therefore, you can also raise the concern via any medium. Usually, they revert through the queries raised via online tickets. However, some users have a complaint about the lacking of 24*7 customer support.
There are many advantages to choose the Geojit Financial Services Ltd., for instance,
- Good brokerage charges
- Free account opening
- 3-in-1 account facility to the clients
- Advanced in-house tech platforms for trading
- Full support by brand BNP Paribas
Disadvantages of Geojit Financial
- No brokerage calculator
- Low customer support
In conclusion, Geojit Financial Services Ltd. has the most powerful trading platforms as compared to others. You will enjoy all the updated features without interrupting your trading. Secondly, the brokerage charges are also fully disclosed without any hidden charges. In short, you don’t have born a high brokerage burden. However, one thing you should keep in mind is their low customer services, we didn’t find that up to mark, but the company is working to improve that.
Overall, for the casual investors, Geojit Financial services ltd. It is a good and reliable stockbroker.